Tuesday 15 June 2010

Bonus Blog - Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

COURT THREAT IS MARKETING TRIUMPH!



For those of you who have not heard already, after publishing Friday's "Folksy Friday" blog, showcasing some beautiful internationally themed items that can all be bought on Folksy - I received a threat of court action from one of the seller's whose product I was promoting...

Yes, believe it, what is the world coming to!

Despite having asked their permission to feature their item, and not hearing any objection, I was then severely reprimanded for "misuse of copyright" - being asked who the hell I was, and that I had no authority to show an image of their item.  Well, it is clear that they have no idea exactly what "Folksy Friday" is, and are not up for a bit of free advertising, or the redirected traffic they will have received to their shop from readers of my blog.  Hey ho, their loss!

Anyway, when I first read their message, I was shocked, upset and angry - in that order - and wanted to vent my spleen.  I posted a warning notice on the Folksy Forum - politely worded, and not naming the individual concerned (yes, it took a lot of restraint), hoping that at least someone would read it and sympathise.

Well, it has had nearly 1800 (!!!) views, at the last count  - and to date I have had 110 (!!!) responses - all messages of support, shock and horror... and the baying for blood was loUd and clear - most people wanted me to name the seller - but again I didn't - how good is that?!

I also twittered my frustration... receiving equally supportive replies - and the number of visitors to this blog, my website and my online shops - HAS ABSOLUTELY ROCKETED !!!!

So finally, I am drawing a line under this unfortunate incident - thank you very much Ms Anonymous for inadvertantly giving me such great exposure - but much much more importantly than that...

BIG HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL WHO HAVE CONSOLED, SYMPATHISED AND SUPPORTED ME - I REALLY AM "FEELIN' THE LUUUVE" - YOU ARE GREAT BUNCH AND I LOVE YOU BUNDLES !!!


1 comment:

maricesworld said...

I haven't been on the folksy forums much lately so I missed all the drama.. but i know this has happened before. Good for you that you've managed to turn it around into something positive. Surely it is a good thing to support other sellers, endorsing their products by showing them off, more fool Ms Anonymous!!
Marice :0)