Friday 18 February 2011

Folksy Friday - Amigurumi Zoo

Although I find the name a bit of a tongue twister, I really do lovely the current craze for amigurumi!

For those of you who don't already know, amigurumi is the japanese art of creating small crocheted or knitted stuffed animals.  It has taken off a storm in the crafting world - and I have untold admiration for all the artists who carry the art off successfully.  I am a knitter, but I'm afraid the art of crochet is totally beyond me!  I tried it once and just ended up tying my fingers together, and despite later practise I have retired my crochet hook and  decided to leave it to the experts. I do however, plan to have a go at the knitting version - at the moment I am just master of the jumper! But I will let you know how I get along...

In the meantime, here are some very gorgeous, very cute, very clever little characters, who are all looking for a new home...

(Click on the label below each picture to learn more about the item...)

by Treaclezoo


by Pink Amaryllis


by locket and pocket


by The Hunny Bunny Company


by Odd Sox


by Isamo Crochet


by SopieCat


by Rosieplumpton


by Cinnamon Street


by Flowers in the Attic


by Pink Tree Studios


by Katies Corner


Aren't they all so gorgeous??!

And if you fancy having a go at creating your own little creatures,
there are simply loads of amigurumi patterns available to buy on
Folksy, simply search for "amigurumi pattern".
Just don't call on me to untie your fingers!!

3 comments:

OddSox aka Thesockgarden said...

Wow, you've found loads of gorgeous creations, and thanks so much for including one of my HooterNinnies. I'm the opposite to you and in awe of Knitters! I've just joined a Knit Club this week so I'm hoping to get better. Lovely article :) Shaz

Lynn said...

Thank you so much for including my little white mouse in your collection

The Hunny Bunny Company said...

What a beauitiful collection! Thanks for including my Dragon!