Thursday 19 May 2011

What's new pussy cat....?

There has been lots and lots going on at The Lime Garden - plenty of gardening, both literal and figurative! So I thought it was time to tell you all about it...


First of all, as you can see, this blog has had a total makeover - with some fab new pages added, which will hopefully make it a more interesting place to visit. I have added a "mini-web" page to introduce you all to what I do; it's not a substitute for my full website at www.thelimegarden.co.uk but allows you to take a peek before heading over to the full version.

[Important note: at the moment I have some problems with Google in accessing my website for editing, so please bear with me, and content will be updated just as soon as they rectify the problems! ;-)  ]



The next new page is dedicated to Weddings & Parties... The Lime Garden is supplying more and more Vintage Cup Candles for weddings and other special events, and so I thought it was time to have a page that tells you all about our services. We offer a completely bespoke service, catering to the needs, requirements and desires of each client - putting together a beautiful collection of candles that is unique to their event. (These services are also detailed on the full website.) So if you like what you see then please drop me a line, and we can chat about your plans and ideas!



I have also added a Gallery page to this blog - it is simply a collection of pictures of stock, previous and current, so that you can see what we do.



And the last new page on the blog is my "Trading Post".  This was inspired by seeing posts on Twitter from fellow Folksy.com sellers, letting people know that they are willing to trade their handmade goods for other handmade goods.  I thought it was a great idea, and if I could collect a list of these traders in one place then it would be a useful tool for all of us... It is early days at the moment, but I am hoping that many more traders will get in contact, and we will soon have lovely selection of handmade goodies represented. If you think that you may be interested, please click over and take a look - there is absolutely no obligation whatsoever to agree to any trade at all, you only accept trades that you really want! It is free to sign up, and if nothing else could increase traffic to your Folksy.com shop.




These pages though are not all that's new on the blog... Take a look at last Sunday's post "Sunday Bookworm" where I am starting a monthly book review and inviting other readers to chip in with their views and comments too. Please read the post, and if you would like to take part, please get in contact!



But work on the blog is not all that has been going on...

The Lime Garden is now a listed supplier for Vintage Cup Candles for wedding decorations, and "Melt Your Heart" wax melts as wedding favours, on the following wedding directories:







And if you are in the throes of planning your wedding, you could not do anything better than check these sites out, as there are many wonderful suppliers listed - from frocks to florists and cars to cakes - and they all have fantastic forums too, where you can ask questions, get advice, trade tips, and chat about all things weddings related - or just have a good old rant to relieve some of that planning stress!

In addition to all these activities, I have also been busy working on some lovely new products. In particular I have started working with palm wax - another eco-friendly product as an alternative to soy wax - which has some marvellous properties that allows you to create the most beautiful pearlescent finishes. So I will be introducing them to you shortly, with lots of lovely pictures and a bit more about working with the wax itself and all it's eco credentials.



Finally, it hasn't all been work, work, work... real life has been pretty busy too! Along with my handy husband, we have totally transformed our real garden - more pictures and the full story coming soon. And I have been perfecting my baking with gluten-free flour - so I will have some fab tasty recipes to share with you too... just as soon as my cakes and biscuits hang around long enough to be photographed!!

I really hope you will enjoy visiting my new look blog, and hopefully will join in with some of the activities, if you want to contact me about anything in particular I have written about today, please email me at:

subject line either: Blog Trading Post or Sunday Bookworm

or if you would like to find out more about our wedding & party sale or hire services:


I look forward to hearing form you!


No comments: